Dirt and spills will happen. What to do?
First things first: the vacuum is your best friend. Dirt and dust will settle into the surface of your rug and vacuuming regularly will prevent the dirt from damaging your rug.
Second, make or buy an all natural chemical free carpet “spot lifter” (available at any major home center or Green Building Supply).
DIY carpet cleaner:
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of a translucent all natural liquid dishwashing detergent into one cup of lukewarm water.
How to Clean:
- Blot spills with a clean, damp white cloth
- Spot clean with all natural carpet cleaner
- Vacuum regularly without a beater brush
- Rotate every 3 months for even wear
- Professionally clean with no chemicals
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: all natural home, cleaning, cleanrugs, green building supply, home decor, natural home decor, natural nursery, organic home, organic living, organic rugs, organic weave shop, spot lifter, sustainable home, sustainable living