Wool + Cotton Shag Rug
This perfectly soft shag rug mixes 100% organic cotton with 100% organic wool. What a combination! Organic cotton has a natural sheen that adds both texture and luster to this rug. Made to measure and handcrafted by master weavers in India, this ultra soft shag rug is suitable for any room in your room, including a nursery! Easy to maintain as wool is naturally stain and soil resistant.
- Handcrafted in India
- GoodWeave Certified
- Certified organic by GOTS
- Custom made to order with a 10-12 week lead time.
- Custom sizes, colors and shapes (runner, circle, rounds) are available
- All rugs are made-to-order using natural GOTS approved organic dyes, which allows some color variation from what is shown.
- All made-to-order items are non refundable.
Our handtufted rugs are made by punching strands of wool or cotton into an organic cotton canvas which is stretched on a frame. Master weavers “tuft” using a hand-operated “tufting-gun.”
Once the weaver has tufted the pattern onto the canvas, another fabric (the secondary backing) is attached to the back of the rug. The secondary backing is made from 100% organic cotton and is attached with a GOTS approved latex glue, which is biodegradable, non-toxic and does not off gas.